Appeal launched after car hit with baseball bat in alleged A602 road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been launched to track down two men after a car was damaged with a baseball bat in an alleged road rage incident.
A silver Peugeot 307 was seen driving closely behind a purple Volkswagen Golf for several miles on the A602 between Hooks Cross near Stevenage and the A10 at Ware on Friday.
It is then alleged at about 6.50pm the driver of the Peugeot forced the man inside the Volkswagen to stop by overtaking and breaking in front of him on the A10, before getting out and damaging his car with a baseball bat.
PC Charlie Phipps is investigating.
He said: “I am appealing to the two men to speak to us about what happened. This incident occurred on a busy road at peak time. We know that numerous vehicles passed and slowed down to view this drawn out incident as it was happening. I would also like to speak to any driver who may have seen any part of this incident to contact me urgently.”
The two men in the Peugeot are described as being Asian or mixed race and one of them had a goatee.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Phipps via the non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number A6/14/466 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know