Appeal for witnesses launched after A1 motorbike crash at Sandy which left woman with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
An appeal for witnesses has been launched in the wake of a motorbike crash which has left a woman with serious injuries.
At about 8.30pm on Tuesday night a Yamaha XJ900 motorbike came off the northbound carriageway of the A1 at Sandy – no other vehicles are believed to be involved.
The woman – who was riding on the back of the motorbike – was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where she remains in a serious but stable condition.
The man – who was driving – sustained minor injuries and was taken to Bedford Hospital to be treated.
On the night the road was closed up to the Black Cat roundabout as emergency services attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit are appealing for anyone with any information to come forward.
Sgt Sam Cordingley said: “If you were driving in the area at this time and saw the bike prior to the collision we’d be keen to hear from you.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
“Any information can help us to establish how this tragic incident occurred.”
You can call the police non-emergency number 101 if you have any information.