Appeal for witnesses after woman hospitalised in A1(M) crash at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
An appeal for witnesses has been launched today (Tuesday) following a motorway crash which has left an 18-year-old woman in hospital.
Officers from the Roads Policing Unit are appealing for witnesses and information after a car collided with the central reservation on the northbound carriageway of the A1(M).
The crash, involving a silver Volkswagen Polo, occurred at around 12.45pm on Saturday between junctions 7 and 8 for Stevenage.
After colliding with the central reservation for reasons unknown at this time, the car then hit a tree before coming to a stop on the hard shoulder.
The passenger, an 18-year-old woman, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where she remains in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, also an 18-year-old woman, was left with cuts and bruises.
Pc Simon Tierney, who is investigating the collision, said: “I am appealing for anyone who saw the vehicle prior to the collision, or the incident itself, to make contact with me.”
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 8 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 9 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Tierney via Herts Police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.