Appeal for witnesses after woman hospitalised in A1(M) crash at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
An appeal for witnesses has been launched today (Tuesday) following a motorway crash which has left an 18-year-old woman in hospital.
Officers from the Roads Policing Unit are appealing for witnesses and information after a car collided with the central reservation on the northbound carriageway of the A1(M).
The crash, involving a silver Volkswagen Polo, occurred at around 12.45pm on Saturday between junctions 7 and 8 for Stevenage.
After colliding with the central reservation for reasons unknown at this time, the car then hit a tree before coming to a stop on the hard shoulder.
The passenger, an 18-year-old woman, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where she remains in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, also an 18-year-old woman, was left with cuts and bruises.
Pc Simon Tierney, who is investigating the collision, said: “I am appealing for anyone who saw the vehicle prior to the collision, or the incident itself, to make contact with me.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 7 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 8 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 9 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Tierney via Herts Police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.