Appeal for witnesses after woman hospitalised in A1(M) crash at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
An appeal for witnesses has been launched today (Tuesday) following a motorway crash which has left an 18-year-old woman in hospital.
Officers from the Roads Policing Unit are appealing for witnesses and information after a car collided with the central reservation on the northbound carriageway of the A1(M).
The crash, involving a silver Volkswagen Polo, occurred at around 12.45pm on Saturday between junctions 7 and 8 for Stevenage.
After colliding with the central reservation for reasons unknown at this time, the car then hit a tree before coming to a stop on the hard shoulder.
The passenger, an 18-year-old woman, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where she remains in a stable condition.
The driver of the car, also an 18-year-old woman, was left with cuts and bruises.
Pc Simon Tierney, who is investigating the collision, said: “I am appealing for anyone who saw the vehicle prior to the collision, or the incident itself, to make contact with me.”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Tierney via Herts Police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.