Air ambulance lands in Stevenage after serious crash involving pedestrian
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has landed in Stevenage after a serious crash involving a pedestrian this afternoon.
A police spokeswoman said the force was called to Six Hills Way at 2.19pm by the ambulance service.
A Herts Air Ambulance has been seen landing near the scene, which is between Homestead Moat and Colestrete. A diversion is in place via Bedwell Crescent.
Six Hills Way is closed and emergency services remain at the scene.
The Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit has described the crash as a “serious injury collision”. The Comet is awaiting further details from the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
There are major delays on all the town’s Arriva bus services after the incident, with diversions on routes 1, 4, 5 and 6.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin