Air ambulance lands in Stevenage after serious crash involving pedestrian
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has landed in Stevenage after a serious crash involving a pedestrian this afternoon.
A police spokeswoman said the force was called to Six Hills Way at 2.19pm by the ambulance service.
A Herts Air Ambulance has been seen landing near the scene, which is between Homestead Moat and Colestrete. A diversion is in place via Bedwell Crescent.
Six Hills Way is closed and emergency services remain at the scene.
The Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit has described the crash as a “serious injury collision”. The Comet is awaiting further details from the ambulance service.
There are major delays on all the town’s Arriva bus services after the incident, with diversions on routes 1, 4, 5 and 6.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening