Air ambulance called and Station Road closed after collision which saw woman trapped under car in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital in a serious condition this afternoon after being hit by, and then trapped under, a car in Letchworth.
Emergency services were called just before 2.20pm to Station Place to reports of a collision involving a silver Ford S-Max and a pedestrian on the Letchworth station forecourt.
An ambulance service rapid response vehicle attended in four minutes with an ambulance officer, crew and Magpas air ambulance all in attendance.
Two crews from Baldock and Letchworth Fire Station used air mats to lift the car and release the woman.
She was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in a serious condition, with suspected fractures in both legs, but was said to be conscious and alert.
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear at this stage if she received life-threatening injuries.
Police remain at the scene at this time and Station Road is closed.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round