A602 shut and man taken to hospital after car ends up in a bush
- Credit: Archant
The A602 was shut last night and a man taken to hospital after a car left the road and ended up in a bush.
Emergency services were called just after 6pm after a blue Nissan Micra crashed on the A602 Ware Road between the roundabout for Watton-at-Stone and Heath Mount School.
A man in his late 20s was conscious and breathing but trapped in his car when ambulance and fire crews arrived, and was helped to safety.
He was then taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage with what are believed to be slight injuries.
Police shut the A602 from Hooks Cross on the outskirts of Stevenage to the roundabout for Watton-at-Stone and the A119, as well as at the junction for Bramfield Road and Watton Road.
You may also want to watch:
The road reopened at 7.20pm after the car had been recovered.
It is the second crash on the same stretch of road in the same week, after a motorcyclist seriously injured in crash near the Watton-at-Stone roundabout early on Monday morning.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie