A602 in Hitchin closed and person trapped after lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are at the scene of a major road following a crash where a person is being cut out of a vehicle.
Police were called to Blackhorse Lane in Hitchin by the ambulance service at 11.42am to reports of car and a lorry in collision.
The fire service is also at the scene of the crash to help cut the person out of the car.
Police have closed the A602 at the junction of Whitehill Road to deal with the incident.
UPDATE: A woman in her 70s has been taken to Lister Hospital as a precaution. She was driving a green Peugeot 206. At 1pm a recovery lorry arrived for the damaged car and the lorry which was involved in the crash is still in the middle of the road.
You may also want to watch:
The road remains closed and traffic is being diverted up Whitehorse Lane.
UPDATE AT 3.57pm: The road reopened at around 3pm.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 10 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women