A602 in Hitchin closed and person trapped after lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are at the scene of a major road following a crash where a person is being cut out of a vehicle.
Police were called to Blackhorse Lane in Hitchin by the ambulance service at 11.42am to reports of car and a lorry in collision.
The fire service is also at the scene of the crash to help cut the person out of the car.
Police have closed the A602 at the junction of Whitehill Road to deal with the incident.
UPDATE: A woman in her 70s has been taken to Lister Hospital as a precaution. She was driving a green Peugeot 206. At 1pm a recovery lorry arrived for the damaged car and the lorry which was involved in the crash is still in the middle of the road.
The road remains closed and traffic is being diverted up Whitehorse Lane.
UPDATE AT 3.57pm: The road reopened at around 3pm.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening