A602 closed in Hitchin after car crashes into ditch
- Credit: Archant
The A602 has been shut after two cars collided in Hitchin this afternoon (Thursday) – one ending up in a ditch and crashing into a tree.
Police and the ambulance service are at the scene in Park Way, Hitchin, at the junction with Charlton Road, having being called at 4.38pm.
A burgundy Ford Fiesta and a blue Vauxhall Corsa were involved in the crash, with the latter leaving the road and going down a ditch, before coming to a halt after crashing into a tree.
Three women inside the cars were all uninjured.
The road has been closed at Hitchin Library and traffic is queuing in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
A vehicle recovery team has also been called to recover both cars.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation