A602 closed in Hitchin after car crashes into ditch
- Credit: Archant
The A602 has been shut after two cars collided in Hitchin this afternoon (Thursday) – one ending up in a ditch and crashing into a tree.
Police and the ambulance service are at the scene in Park Way, Hitchin, at the junction with Charlton Road, having being called at 4.38pm.
A burgundy Ford Fiesta and a blue Vauxhall Corsa were involved in the crash, with the latter leaving the road and going down a ditch, before coming to a halt after crashing into a tree.
Three women inside the cars were all uninjured.
The road has been closed at Hitchin Library and traffic is queuing in both directions.
A vehicle recovery team has also been called to recover both cars.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000