Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- Credit: Google Maps
A crash involving a car and a pedestrian has taken place on the A602 Stevenage Road, in Hitchin.
The incident occurred at 7.45am today (July 1) on the Westbound carriageway, near the roundabout at the junction with the B656 London Road.
Teams from Hertfordshire Police and the East of England Ambulance Service attended the scene.
The pedestrian was taken to hospital to have leg injuries assessed.
Delays of 30 minutes were experienced by motorists at the time of the incident.
The scene had been cleared by 8.30am.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Police said: "Police were called just before 7.45am today following a collision in Stevenage Road, Hitchin.
- 1 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 4 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 5 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 6 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 7 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 8 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 9 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
- 10 Hitchin widower's wing walk in wife's memory
"The incident occurred near the roundabout at the junction with London Road and involved a car and a pedestrian.
"Officers attended, alongside the ambulance service and the pedestrian was taken to hospital to have leg injuries assessed.
"The scene was cleared by 8.30am."