A505 closed in Hitchin after car rolls with driver trapped inside
- Credit: Archant
A car has rolled on the A505 on the western edge of Hitchin this morning, with the driver trapped inside.
Emergency crews are on the scene in Offley Road, on the A505 stretch coming into Hitchin from Luton – which remains closed.
Police said they were called at 8.10am and that the crash involved a white Toyota MR2 Coupe, whose male driver was trapped inside. The incident happened near a broken-down grey Peugeot 107 in a live lane.
A force spokesman said the road was closed and that paramedics had been called. Recovery arrived for the Toyota just after 9.20am.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said an ambulance, two ambulance officers and a rapid response vehicle had been sent to the scene and treated a man for minor injuries. He was discharged at the scene and did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
• Editor’s note (9.55am, May 3): An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated, based on information provided by police, that the car involved in the crash was a Peugeot 107. This has now been corrected.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award