100 vehicles stuck between Hitchin and Luton on A505
- Credit: Archant
Vehicles on the A505 have been able to continue their journeys after having been stuck earlier this evening between Hitchin and Luton.
Earlier in the evening, Herts Police tweeted: “There are around 100 cars currently stuck on A505 between #Hitchin and #Luton.
“These motorists are advised to stay with their vehicles and not call police unless it is an emergency.
“We are advising all other motorists to please avoid the area.
“Thank you for your patience.”
Motorists have now been able to continue their journeys.
A spokesman added: “However, the road remains closed in both directions at this time while ploughing and gritting takes place. Please continue to avoid the area.”
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 9 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 10 Stevenage-built spacecraft in risky Earth flyby
•On Saturday morning police confirmed that the road had reopened.