Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- Credit: Danny Loo
The A1(M) is now open southbound between J6 - J4 near Hatfield following a serious collision.
The road was closed this morning around 4am after a road traffic collision left a man trapped in a car.
Herts police attended the scene at the time, diverting traffic via the solid circle.
A spokesperson for Herts police said: "Police were called at around 3.30am today (Monday January 25) following a road traffic collision on the A1(M) southbound, between junctions 5 and 4.
"One vehicle was involved and a man was left trapped inside.
"Officers attended, alongside colleagues from the fire and ambulance services. Road closures were put in place between Junctions 6 and 4 while emergency services worked at the scene.
"The man was taken to hospital where he remains at this time. The carriageway was reopened at around 10.20am."
- 1 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 2 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 5 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 6 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 7 Couple appeals to public to help find missing pension money
- 8 'A lot more needs to be done' - Hitchin resident's petition for better street lighting in Westmill
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week 2021: Students benefit from puppy power
- 10 Stevenage Borough Council: Labour maintains council control, Mayor loses seat and party leader reactions