A1 shut after ‘serious accident’ near Baldock Services
- Credit: Archant
The A1 has been closed in both directions between the A1(M) for Junction 10 and the A6001 for Biggleswade north after a serious crash.
The Highways Agency has reported there are delays of 30 minutes between Junction 9 for Letchworth and 10 for Baldock Services due to a collision near Biggleswade.
The incident has been described as a ‘serious accident’ but no further details have been released at this time.
The road is not expected to fully reopen until 5.30pm, and motorists are being diverted.
Those travelling northbound need to follow the Hollow Triangle, exit the A1(M) at J10 and follow the A507 westbound. Then head on to the A600 to the junction with the B658 (Bedford Road), continue on B658 to rejoin A1 north of Biggleswade.
You may also want to watch:
If you are heading southbound follow the Hollow diamond – route is the above in reverse.
UPDATE: The road has reopened in the northbound direction.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises