A1(M) to be shut northbound overnight for bridge works
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) south of Stevenage will be closed tonight so that bridge works can be carried out.
The work, which will involve renewing a series of bridge joints, will take place on the northbound A1(M) at Junction 6 for Welwyn.
The road will be closed from 10pm tonight until 5am tomorrow, with the same closures in place for a total of eight nights.
During the closure traffic will be diverted along the A1000.
Highways England’s Mark Saunders said: “We will be working on six bridge joints in total and will need a total closure.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re advising motorists affected by this work to plan ahead and allow extra time for travel.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas