A1(M) to be shut northbound overnight for bridge works
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) south of Stevenage will be closed tonight so that bridge works can be carried out.
The work, which will involve renewing a series of bridge joints, will take place on the northbound A1(M) at Junction 6 for Welwyn.
The road will be closed from 10pm tonight until 5am tomorrow, with the same closures in place for a total of eight nights.
During the closure traffic will be diverted along the A1000.
Highways England’s Mark Saunders said: “We will be working on six bridge joints in total and will need a total closure.
“We’re advising motorists affected by this work to plan ahead and allow extra time for travel.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 9 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans