A1(M) to be shut in both directions overnight for roadworks
- Credit: Archant
A section of the A1(M) will be shut in both directions overnight today and tomorrow while roadworks are carried out.
The work, which is to install two gantries, will start at 10pm tonight until 5am tomorrow morning and will see the motorway shut between Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 4 for Hatfield.
The roadworks will then continue tomorrow night from 10pm and are expected to be complete prior to the road reopening at 5am on Thursday morning.
Highways England project manager Mark Saunders said: “This work is necessary to complete the gantry work on the A1(M) and will involve using a crane to lift the gantries into place.
“We’re advising people to allow extra time for their journeys when the closures are taking place, although we’ve deliberately timed the work to be carried out when traffic levels are at their lowest and overnight.”
During the closures traffic will be diverted via the B197, Digswell Hill, and A6129.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Work begins on Gresley Park site for 600 homes