A1(M) southbound between Letchworth and Stotfold reopens after three car collision
- Credit: Archant
A stretch of the A1(M) has now reopened after a three vehicle collision caused its closure today (Wednesday).
Emergency services attended the incident, on the southbound stretch of the A1(M) between junction 9 (Letchworth Gate) and 10 (Stotfold), at 3pm.
The crash left a purple Ford Fiesta facing the wrong way down the carriageway and two other vehicles on the hard shoulder.
The driver of the Fiesta, a woman in her 20s, was treated for shock and minor injuries by ambulance crews and taken to Lister Hospital, Stevenage.
There were no other injuries and police deployed a rolling roadblock while the vehicle was moved to the roadside.
The road reopened at 4.30pm.
This incident is the third collision to happen on the stretch of road in four days.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening