A1(M) southbound between Letchworth and Stotfold reopens after three car collision
- Credit: Archant
A stretch of the A1(M) has now reopened after a three vehicle collision caused its closure today (Wednesday).
Emergency services attended the incident, on the southbound stretch of the A1(M) between junction 9 (Letchworth Gate) and 10 (Stotfold), at 3pm.
The crash left a purple Ford Fiesta facing the wrong way down the carriageway and two other vehicles on the hard shoulder.
The driver of the Fiesta, a woman in her 20s, was treated for shock and minor injuries by ambulance crews and taken to Lister Hospital, Stevenage.
There were no other injuries and police deployed a rolling roadblock while the vehicle was moved to the roadside.
You may also want to watch:
The road reopened at 4.30pm.
This incident is the third collision to happen on the stretch of road in four days.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602