A1(M) shut near Stevenage due to concerns for man’s welfare, police confirm
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) was shut last night in both direction due to concerns for a man’s welfare, police have confirmed this morning.
Officers were alerted just before 5.30pm after reports that a man was on a bridge above the motorway between Junction 8 and 7 for Stevenage.
A rolling road block was put in place on both carriageways as a precaution while the area was searched.
Nobody was found on the bridge and a man was located safe and well at an address in Stevenage at about 6.15pm.
Police were also called to the A1(M) near Junction 8 just after 7.10am following reports of a three-vehicle crash.
All the vehicles were on the hard shoulder on arrival and the road was not blocked.
Nobody was injured.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 8 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 9 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review