A1(M) resurfacing works under way
- Credit: Archant
Motorway resurfacing works which started today (Monday) will “improve safety and lead to smoother journeys” according to planners.
Overnight works will take place on the A1(M) between Rowley Lane and Welham Green at junction 2. There will also be works on the M1 between Brent Cross, junction 1, and Bricket Wood, at junction 6.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Asset Manager said: “The work is being carried out as part of the Government’s investment in infrastructure and will involve resurfacing sections of the M1 and A1, and new white lines and road studs. This will help improve safety and lead to smoother journeys.
“We have planned this work to minimise disruption and that is why work will take place overnight, when traffic flows are at their lowest. To allow the work to take place, we will need to close the M1 or A1 in one direction at a time. Drivers will be able to continue their journeys by following a clearly signed diversion.”
The first phase of resurfacing work will started on Monday on the A1(M) southbound between the M25 and Rowley Lane, and is planned to finish in the morning of Wednesday July 2.
You may also want to watch:
Work to reduce congestion on the A1 at Black Cat roundabout, on the Bedfordshire - Cambridgeshire border near St Neots, also started on Monday.
Drivers are advised to leave extra time for their travel and plan their journeys ahead. Visit www.highways.gov.uk/rssnews for more information.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising