A1(M) overnight closures between South Mimms and Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of planned overnight closures on the A1(M) between South Mimms and Hatfield this weekend for barrier repairs.
There will be closures on the motorway between Junction 1 (South Mimms) and Junction 2 (Hatfield) on Friday, March 20 and Sunday, March 22.
A traffic bulletin from the Highways Agency states the southbound carriageway will be closed between 11pm tonight (Friday) and 6am on Saturday.
The northbound carriageway will then be closed between 10pm on Sunday and 5.30am on Monday.
The closures are to complete barrier repairs.
You may also want to watch:
These have been completed ahead of schedule, meaning that planned closures for the following weekend have now been cancelled.
Clearly signed diversions will be in place during this weekend’s closures.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
Drivers using this section of the A1(M) are advised to plan their journeys and allow extra time to reach their destinations.
* For real-time traffic information for England’s motorways and other strategic roads, visit www.highways.gov.uk/traffic
For information on roads in the south east region on Twitter, follow @HAtraffic_seast or for the full index visit www.highways.gov.uk/twitter