Stevenage A1(M) slip road closed after collision leaves car on top of crash barrier
- Credit: Archant
An exit slip road on the A1(M) at Stevenage has been closed following a two-vehicle collision which resulted in a car mounting a safety barrier.
The collision happened on the southbound carriageway of the motorway at Junction 7 for Stevenage south, with both police and an ambulance in attendance.
A temporary closure is in place while Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit organise recovery of a red Vauxhall Corsa.
A police spokesman said: "At 2.49pm today officers were called to a vehicle collision on the A1(M) southbound at Junction 7 near Stevenage.
"A woman who was driving a red Vauxhall Corsa without any passengers was able to exit the vehicle."
You may also want to watch:
The road policing unit says the collision caused a "slight injury".
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 6 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 7 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 10 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods