Stevenage A1(M) slip road closed after collision leaves car on top of crash barrier
- Credit: Archant
An exit slip road on the A1(M) at Stevenage has been closed following a two-vehicle collision which resulted in a car mounting a safety barrier.
The collision happened on the southbound carriageway of the motorway at Junction 7 for Stevenage south, with both police and an ambulance in attendance.
A temporary closure is in place while Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit organise recovery of a red Vauxhall Corsa.
A police spokesman said: "At 2.49pm today officers were called to a vehicle collision on the A1(M) southbound at Junction 7 near Stevenage.
"A woman who was driving a red Vauxhall Corsa without any passengers was able to exit the vehicle."
The road policing unit says the collision caused a "slight injury".
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 6 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 9 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service