A1(M) delays in Welwyn after Mercedes and Fiesta crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are on the scene of a two-car crash on the A1(M) northbound just before Junction 6 for Welwyn.
Officers were called to the scene at 3.27pm today to a two-car collision - a blue Ford Fiesta and a Mercedes.
A police spokeswoman said: “One vehicle was in the middle of the carriageway.
“The cars were then moved to the hard shoulder.
“Both vehicles required recovery.
You may also want to watch:
“It is ongoing.”
Two ambulances were also called to the scene.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
In a separate incident, a black Peugeot 307 broke down between the carriageways just before Junction 4 for Hatfield Tesco.
The car ended up in the drainage area next to the central reservation.
The police spokeswoman said: “We’re there dealing with it on the northbound carriageway. It’s ongoing.”