A1(M) crash: Man ‘in critical condition’ following serious collision at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a ‘critical’ condition following a serious crash on the A1(M) in Hertfordshire this afternoon.
Officers were called at 4.04pm to the southbound carriageway just before Junction 7 for Knebworth and Stevenage to reports an orange Lamborghini had left the carriageway.
Fire crews from Stevenage and Hitchin attended the scene between Junction 8 and 7.
The road was closed in both directions to allow the air ambulance to land, causing long tailbacks and delays.
The driver, a man, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where police say he remains in “a critical condition”.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England reports the southbound carriageway remains closed between J8 and J7 to allow for collision investigation work.
* Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact PC Andy Ralph from the Road Crash Investigation Unit via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 471 of February 20.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation