A1(M) lane closed after Peugeot hits central reservation and Renault ends up in field
- Credit: Archant
One lane is closed southbound on the A1(M) after a crash between Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate and Junction 8 for Stevenage saw one car hit the central reservation and another end up in a field.
Police were called at 4.38pm today to reports of a collision between a black Renault Megane and a grey Peugeot 207.
As a result, the Renault left the carriageway and came to rest in a field – while the Peugeot crashed into the central reservation.
Officers attended the scene alongside colleagues from the fire and ambulance services.
A police spokeswoman said nobody had been injured, but there is currently a single lane closure in place to allow recovery for both vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
Update, 6.15pm: Highways England has tweeted to say all lanes are now reopen.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation