A1(M) lane closed after Peugeot hits central reservation and Renault ends up in field
- Credit: Archant
One lane is closed southbound on the A1(M) after a crash between Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate and Junction 8 for Stevenage saw one car hit the central reservation and another end up in a field.
Police were called at 4.38pm today to reports of a collision between a black Renault Megane and a grey Peugeot 207.
As a result, the Renault left the carriageway and came to rest in a field – while the Peugeot crashed into the central reservation.
Officers attended the scene alongside colleagues from the fire and ambulance services.
A police spokeswoman said nobody had been injured, but there is currently a single lane closure in place to allow recovery for both vehicles.
Update, 6.15pm: Highways England has tweeted to say all lanes are now reopen.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company