A1(M) closed between Stevenage and Welwyn after serious crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are at the scene of a serious crash on the A1(M) between Stevenage and Welwyn.
Highways England states that the A1(M) is closed on the southbound carriageway between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn.
According to Highways England, it is a single vehicle collision in which a car has overturned and left the carriageway.
There is a diversion in place.
Motorists are advised to follow the solid black diamond signal and exit the A1(M) J7 and at the roundabout take the first exit for the A602.
You may also want to watch:
Head east on the A602 for a short time to the roundabout with the A602/B197 Monkswood Way and head south along the B197. Continue south on the B197 through Knebworth to the A1000 Welwyn Bypass roundabout, take the first exit to join the A1000 from B197 and head southbound to re-join the A1(M) at J6 Welwyn.
Motorists are advised to allow additional travelling time if heading towards the area.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation