A1(M) closed between Stevenage and Welwyn after serious crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are at the scene of a serious crash on the A1(M) between Stevenage and Welwyn.
Highways England states that the A1(M) is closed on the southbound carriageway between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn.
According to Highways England, it is a single vehicle collision in which a car has overturned and left the carriageway.
There is a diversion in place.
Motorists are advised to follow the solid black diamond signal and exit the A1(M) J7 and at the roundabout take the first exit for the A602.
Head east on the A602 for a short time to the roundabout with the A602/B197 Monkswood Way and head south along the B197. Continue south on the B197 through Knebworth to the A1000 Welwyn Bypass roundabout, take the first exit to join the A1000 from B197 and head southbound to re-join the A1(M) at J6 Welwyn.
Motorists are advised to allow additional travelling time if heading towards the area.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000