A1(M) closed after accident between Stevenage and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
THE A1(M) was closed after an accident between Stevenage and Letchworth GC this afternoon (Sunday).
The Highways Agency reported at 6.20pm that the motorway had been closed between junctions 8 and 9 northbound, due to an incident.
Traffic has been diverted via the B197 towards Graveley and then the A505 westbound.
Delays are said to be affecting the area, with 30 minute tailbacks between junctions 7 to 8 northbound.
9.15pm: The road reopened.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
9.30pm: Traffic eases off.