A1(M) closed after accident between Stevenage and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
THE A1(M) was closed after an accident between Stevenage and Letchworth GC this afternoon (Sunday).
The Highways Agency reported at 6.20pm that the motorway had been closed between junctions 8 and 9 northbound, due to an incident.
Traffic has been diverted via the B197 towards Graveley and then the A505 westbound.
Delays are said to be affecting the area, with 30 minute tailbacks between junctions 7 to 8 northbound.
You may also want to watch:
9.15pm: The road reopened.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
9.30pm: Traffic eases off.