A1(M) blocked after crash involving up to four vehicles near Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) was blocked northbound this afternoon after a crash involving up to four vehicles.
Emergency services were called to the northbound stretch of the motorway near to Junction 6 for Welwyn shortly before 12.45pm today.
It is understood that two of the vehicles involved may have crashed into the central reservation.
At this stage it is not thought that anyone was seriously injured, according to a police spokesman.
The spokesman added “The carriageway was initially blocked, but cleared by about 1.10pm.
“Vehicles were moved to the hard shoulder and two are still awaiting recovery.”
Traffic was backing up on both sides of the carriageway, but has since eased.
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
It is the second crash on the same stretch of road this week, after a man in his 50s died after his motorcycle collided with a lorry and a car on Monday night.