A1(M) blocked after crash involving up to four vehicles near Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) was blocked northbound this afternoon after a crash involving up to four vehicles.
Emergency services were called to the northbound stretch of the motorway near to Junction 6 for Welwyn shortly before 12.45pm today.
It is understood that two of the vehicles involved may have crashed into the central reservation.
At this stage it is not thought that anyone was seriously injured, according to a police spokesman.
The spokesman added “The carriageway was initially blocked, but cleared by about 1.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
“Vehicles were moved to the hard shoulder and two are still awaiting recovery.”
Traffic was backing up on both sides of the carriageway, but has since eased.
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 5 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 6 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 7 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 8 Lockdown roadmap delay forces cancellation of Todd in the Hole 2021 festival
- 9 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 10 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
It is the second crash on the same stretch of road this week, after a man in his 50s died after his motorcycle collided with a lorry and a car on Monday night.