Traffic woes continue on Stevenage roads
TRAFFIC woes continue today (Friday) for commuters in Comet country, as road closures and Sonisphere festival goers contribute to congested roads.
Traffic has been reported in both directions on the motorway between junctions 8 and 6, with queues also heavy at the Corey’s Mill Roundabout in Stevenage.
Hertfordshire Police has said that there have been no accidents, and that the road closures on the A1(M) were causing confusion for some motorists.
It added that Sonisphere was unlikely to be a cause, as people wouldn’t start arriving for it until this afternoon.
But one Stevenage resident told The Comet that people trying to get to the festival had blocked the roads, making him miss work. Another said that he had missed an appointment at Lister Hospital, despite leaving an hour to drive the short distance there.
You may also want to watch:
People travelling to the festival northbound on the A1(M) will be directed to leave the motorway at junction 7 and take the first left at the roundabout into the estate.
People travelling south on the A1(M) will be directed to leave the motorway at junction 8 and take the A602 towards Hitchin before joining the B656 southbound.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'