Town ready for Letchworth Festival
- Credit: Archant
TICKETS are now on sale for events which are taking place during the Letchworth GC Festival.
The festival runs from Friday, June 7 to Sunday, June 23.
The programme for the festival, which has been distributed around Letchworth GC, contains more than 100 events which are being put on by the town’s organisations.
Among the many attractions will be the Wine Festival at the golf club on June 14, the play Breaking the Code by the Settlement Players, about Bletchley Park code breaker Alan Turing from June 13-15 at The Settlement, and a series of films specially put on by the Broadway Cinema which includes a digitally remastered Lawrence of Arabia, on Thursday, June 20.
The Letchworth Sinfonia will be putting on its summer concert at the Free Church on June 16.
As well as these paid-for events, there are many which are free, including the opening Saturday Street Fest, the Town Celebration Day on June 15, and the closing Proms in the Park on June 23.
Roger Harrison, of the festival steering committee, said: “Once again Letchworth’s people are coming out in force to show the range of activity that takes place in our community. The festival is now a key date in the town’s calendar.”
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 4 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 7 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 8 Stevenage fun day in aid of TRACKS Autism
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Hertfordshire businesses honoured in Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022
Full details of where to buy tickets and prices are in the programme, which can be obtained at the Tourist Information Centre on Station Road, David’s Bookshop on Eastcheap, or viewed on the website www.letchworthfestival.org