Town ready for Letchworth Festival
- Credit: Archant
TICKETS are now on sale for events which are taking place during the Letchworth GC Festival.
The festival runs from Friday, June 7 to Sunday, June 23.
The programme for the festival, which has been distributed around Letchworth GC, contains more than 100 events which are being put on by the town’s organisations.
Among the many attractions will be the Wine Festival at the golf club on June 14, the play Breaking the Code by the Settlement Players, about Bletchley Park code breaker Alan Turing from June 13-15 at The Settlement, and a series of films specially put on by the Broadway Cinema which includes a digitally remastered Lawrence of Arabia, on Thursday, June 20.
The Letchworth Sinfonia will be putting on its summer concert at the Free Church on June 16.
You may also want to watch:
As well as these paid-for events, there are many which are free, including the opening Saturday Street Fest, the Town Celebration Day on June 15, and the closing Proms in the Park on June 23.
Roger Harrison, of the festival steering committee, said: “Once again Letchworth’s people are coming out in force to show the range of activity that takes place in our community. The festival is now a key date in the town’s calendar.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Full details of where to buy tickets and prices are in the programme, which can be obtained at the Tourist Information Centre on Station Road, David’s Bookshop on Eastcheap, or viewed on the website www.letchworthfestival.org