Town in the mood for for a weekend party
THE big fun weekend of Party On Potton kicks off tomorrow (Friday) with four days of events. There is a wonderful, action-packed schedule for people to enjoy including a carnival parade and more than 20 events on the Henry Smith playing field in Brook En
THE big fun weekend of Party On Potton kicks off tomorrow (Friday) with four days of events.
There is a wonderful, action-packed schedule for people to enjoy including a carnival parade and more than 20 events on the Henry Smith playing field in Brook End.
The fun starts with a family disco where you can dance through the decades to music from the present day and back to the 1960s. There'll be a bar and barbecue.
On Saturday the carnival parade will head off through the town from noon with a street collection for Breast Cancer Care.
You may also want to watch:
In the afternoon from 1.15pm the parade floats will be judged then there will be a fancy dress competition, dog show, a skateboarding exhibition and rugby matches on the playing field.
In the evening, starting at 8pm, Sound Express from Germany will be providing the music at the live band party, an event sponsored by Potton Post Office.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
On Sunday, a Churches Together service will be followed by a picnic in the park with music provided by local school musicians, a circus workshop for children and karaoke, pub cricket and volleyball.
Music from the movie Grease will be the theme of Grease Night in the evening - fancy dress will be optional.
On Bank Holiday Monday the History Society will conduct a walk around Potton. Later there will be the action-packed soap box derby starting at high noon down Bury Hill.
If you are feeling fit then the Potton Olympics gets under way at 3pm. To keep the children occupied there will be a climbing wall, a bouncy slide and face painting.
Once again there will be an evening event with Stars in their Eyes, when global music will be provided by various artistes from Potton.
All evening events will be between 8pm and 11pm in a marquee on the playing fields.
Tickets for the evening events, at £8 each, can still be purchased from Potton Post Office and Cameron's newsagents in the Market Square.