Town centre verdict soon
WHAT people think of the controversial plan for a £60m regeneration of the centre of Letchworth GC will be revealed in two weeks time. Proposals to demolish all the shops, restaurants and homes on The Arena and much of The Wynd and redevelop the two areas
WHAT people think of the controversial plan for a £60m regeneration of the centre of Letchworth GC will be revealed in two weeks time.
Proposals to demolish all the shops, restaurants and homes on The Arena and much of The Wynd and redevelop the two areas were unveiled last November.
Strong views for and against have been voiced by business people and members of the general public.
Much of the land and buildings are owned by Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation which is masterminding the ambitious scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Its director general, Stuart Kenny, will report on the feedback from a public consultation at the Foundation's annual garden city meeting on Thursday, May 18, in the Spirella Ballroom at 7pm for a 7.30pm start. It will form part of his keynote speech.
Anyone who lives and/or works in Letchworth GC is invited to attend and hear Mr Kenny's speech and another from Foundation chairman Alan Scouller before taking part in a questions and answers session.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
This part of the evening is based on BBC1's Question Time when the audience are invited to put forward their questions - unbeknown beforehand to the panellists who will be Mr Kenny and Mr Scouller.
Those who are unable to attend but would like to put forward a question, or plan to attend but want to give advance notice of a question, should write to Stuart Kenny, Director General, Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation, Suite 401, The Spirella Building, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 4ET or email email@example.com