Town centre plan is almost complete
A PLANNING document intended to form the framework for developments in a town centre over the next 15 years is almost complete. The draft of the Letchworth GC Town Centre Strategy prompted more than 90 representations from residents, businesses, organisat
A PLANNING document intended to form the framework for developments in a town centre over the next 15 years is almost complete.
The draft of the Letchworth GC Town Centre Strategy prompted more than 90 representations from residents, businesses, organisations and landowners during a six-week public consultation period.
A petition was also provided by 33 businesses from Leys Avenue objecting to the reversal of traffic flow along Leys Avenue and the streets being closed to through traffic.
A number of significant changes have consequently been made to the draft, including the retention of the open spaces on the corner of Broadway, South View and Meadow Way, the deletion of a proposed cycle route through the centre of Broadway Gardens, and an increased profile for sustainability.
You may also want to watch:
The revised strategy will be referred to a full district council meeting today (Thursday), for adoption as a main document for planning.
A copy of the strategy will then be made available at various places in Letchworth GC, including the library, the town centre manager's office and Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go