Tornado heading for Comet country
A WIND will whoosh through Stevenage tomorrow (Saturday) morning but it won t be around for long. Tornado, the first new main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years at a cost of �3m, will haul the train from London King s Cross a
A WIND will whoosh through Stevenage tomorrow (Saturday) morning but it won't be around for long.
Tornado, the first new main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years at a cost of �3m, will haul the train from London King's Cross and is expected to pass through Stevenage at 10.05am.
On the return journey, it is due to go through Stevenage at 8.36pm.
The train, the Yorkshire Pullman, will run to York and will be the first time a once-familiar Peppercorn class A1 has departed from London's King's Cross for over 40 years.
The scheduled timings for Saturday are:
Departs London King's Cross 09:18hrs
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Passes Stevenage 10:05hrs
Passes Peterborough 11:01hrs
Water stop Grantham 11:32-12:07hrs
Passes Newark 12:23hrs
Passes Retford 12:59hrs
Passes Doncaster 13:36hrs
Arrives York 14:08hrs
Departs York - 17:06hrs
Passes Doncaster 17:35hrs
Passes Retford 17:59hrs
Passes Newark 18:29hrs
Water stop Grantham 18:46-19:15hrs
Passes Peterborough 19:49hrs
Passes Stevenage 20:36hrs
Arrives London King's Cross 21:09hrs