Top three the aim for Dale Gorman and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Dale Gorman says the hard work will continue after Stevenage’s 2-0 win at Carlisle United – with the goal still being the top three.
The victory lifted Boro back into the play-off places but he is still looking up the table.
He said: “Being in the play-off places is a bonus but we want to be in the top three.
“It’s a long journey but it makes it much better when you get the three points and have a performance like that.
“Carlisle are a tough side and they proved tonight how tough. But we had a plan and we did that very well and got our reward.”
The goals came from midfield colleagues Ben Kennedy and Tom Pett, and Gorman believes that is the mark of a good side.
“Ben and Petty got the goals and Jonathan [Smith] and I kept things tight,” he said.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 4 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 5 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 6 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
“Goals are coming from everywhere but if you want to finish top three then you need everyone to step in with a few goals and luckily at the minute everyone is.”