INSPECTORS have concluded that a school is exceptional and teaching is excellent . Hitchin s St Andrew s CofE Primary School underwent a rigorous Ofsted inspection in February but came out well above the national average. The school was recognised as o
INSPECTORS have concluded that a school is "exceptional" and teaching is "excellent".
Hitchin's St Andrew's CofE Primary School underwent a rigorous Ofsted inspection in February but came out well above the national average.
The school was recognised as outstanding throughout the visit, and is now ranked in the top five to 10 per cent in the country.
The report particularly praised the commitment of staff and governors, and the strong partnership with parents, putting the school in an excellent position to improve even further.
It also found teaching to be excellent, resulting in children who thoroughly enjoy learning and are highly motivated and enthusiastic.
Since St Andrew's previous inspection in 2000, staff have made exceptional progress, addressing all of the issues first identified.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
Headteacher Christine Cernik said: "We are delighted with the results and we are very proud of our pupils and staff.
"This report reaffirms our belief that St Andrew's provides an excellent education for our pupils and from this we hope to go from strength to strength."
Only one recommendation for improvement was made by inspectors which was to further develop the monitoring role of governors so as fulfil their role as "critical friends" more effectively.