INSPECTORS have concluded that a school is exceptional and teaching is excellent . Hitchin s St Andrew s CofE Primary School underwent a rigorous Ofsted inspection in February but came out well above the national average. The school was recognised as o
INSPECTORS have concluded that a school is "exceptional" and teaching is "excellent".
Hitchin's St Andrew's CofE Primary School underwent a rigorous Ofsted inspection in February but came out well above the national average.
The school was recognised as outstanding throughout the visit, and is now ranked in the top five to 10 per cent in the country.
The report particularly praised the commitment of staff and governors, and the strong partnership with parents, putting the school in an excellent position to improve even further.
You may also want to watch:
It also found teaching to be excellent, resulting in children who thoroughly enjoy learning and are highly motivated and enthusiastic.
Since St Andrew's previous inspection in 2000, staff have made exceptional progress, addressing all of the issues first identified.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
Headteacher Christine Cernik said: "We are delighted with the results and we are very proud of our pupils and staff.
"This report reaffirms our belief that St Andrew's provides an excellent education for our pupils and from this we hope to go from strength to strength."
Only one recommendation for improvement was made by inspectors which was to further develop the monitoring role of governors so as fulfil their role as "critical friends" more effectively.