East and North Herts NHS Trust earns Top Hospital Award 2019
- Credit: Archant
The East and North Herts NHS Trust has been named as one of the 40 best Trusts in the UK at a national ceremony.
The NHS trust picked up a 'Top Hospitals Awards 2019' based on its strong performances across the board compared with the other 142 acute hospital trusts across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The award, from healthcare specialists CHKS, is based on data tracked by NHS digital in areas such as safety, clinical effectiveness and health outcomes.
To be in with a chance of winning one of the 40 Top Hospital Awards on offer, an NHS trust is evaluated on 22 indicators which measure its overall performance.
The East and North Herts NHS Trust was especially praised for its excellent quality of care and patient safety records.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Chilvers, medical director at the NHS trust, said: "This is an award for every member of staff who works so hard every day to ensure the best quality care for each patient.
"It is a great achievement and reflects the unwavering commitment and dedication of everyone involved."
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn