Tools worth thousands of pounds stolen from van at Baldock services
- Credit: Archant
Tools worth thousands of pounds have been stolen from a van in a car park at Baldock services.
Officers are appealing for witnesses and information after the theft from the white Volkwagen panel van, which took place at the Days Inn on the night of Wednesday, May 18.
The van was broken into. The stolen items include a bag of general tools, a jig saw, a power saw, two chargers, eight batteries and a pipe cutter.
PC Mark Ellwood, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing to anyone who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously around vehicles at the time of the event, or saw the crime take place, to please get in touch.
“I’d also like to speak to anyone from the area who may have been offered tools for sale by someone.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Ellwood on 101 quoting crime reference G4/16/371.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030