Tools taken in fresh spate of Ford Transit van break-ins in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Thieves have broken into five Ford Transit vans in Baldock in the past week and a half, taking tools – and police have today urged motorists to remain vigilant.
The first theft was in The Gardens between 7pm and 9.20pm, with power tools taken. Power tools were also taken from a van in St Mary’s Way between 11.30pm and 11.45pm on Monday.
Between 5pm that day and 8am today, a van in Walnut Avenue was broken into, but nothing was taken from inside.
Tools were also taken from a van in Chilvers Bank at some point between December 24 and today, and a van in Maltings Close overnight from Monday to Tuesday.
Sgt Alan Clarke, from the Baldock safer neighbourhood team, said: “I am appealing for anyone who believes they saw anything suspicious in these areas between the times stated to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d also like to remind motorists to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious activity around parked vehicles.
“There is some simple crime prevention advice that van owners can follow to help protect themselves from becoming victims of crime, including ensuring vehicles are properly secured, removing valuables and tools from vehicles at night if practicable, fitting additional locks to vans and security marking tools.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
Witnesses should call police on 101, quoting the relevant crime reference number.
The reference for the theft in The Gardens is G3/17/8, and that in St Mary’s Way is G3/17/9. Walnut Avenue is G3/17/10, Chilvers Banks is G3/17/11, and Maltings Close is G3/17/12.
Those with information can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.