Toddler rushed to hospital after hot oil spill

A THREE-YEAR-OLD boy was rushed to hospital this week, after accidentally spilling hot cooking oil on himself.

The toddler from Great Offley suffered 18 per cent burns to his chest and face after reaching up onto the cooker and knocking the roast potato tray.

The Magpas Helimedix flew to the scene after being alerted to the accident on Tuesday evening, and provided pain relief and assessed the child.

He was then taken by land to Luton and Dunstable Hospital, where on arrival he was said to be in a comfortable condition.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter