Time for summer cycle in Stevenage and Hitchin
WITH the days getting longer and hopefully the winter fading away, the time could be right to get into cycling. Cyclists group Stevenage and North Herts CTC has a full programme of events lined up and is inviting people to join in. The CTC Saturday Starte
WITH the days getting longer and hopefully the winter fading away, the time could be right to get into cycling.
Cyclists group Stevenage and North Herts CTC has a full programme of events lined up and is inviting people to join in.
The CTC Saturday Starter ride from Stevenage to Weston and back is on this Saturday, March 13. Meet at Costello's Caf� by the sailing centre in Fairlands Valley Park in time for a 1pm start.
The ride is spotlighted as being ideal for newcomers, families and those who like to "cruise on a cycle".
You may also want to watch:
You can just turn up but if you want more information visit www.stevenagectc.org.uk ring Robert (01438 214913), Tina (01438 235881) or Jim (0793 968 7509 / 01438 354505) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The next big challenge ride will be the Stevenage Start of Summertime Specials on Sunday, March 28, the day the clocks change.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
About 300 people are expected to attempt one of the three rides from Fairlands Valley Park. The longest goes all the way to Lavenham in Suffolk and back, the shortest to Reed, Barkway and Buntingford. Entries forms are available from www.stevenagectc.org.uk
The spring programme of CTC cycle rides from Stevenage and Hitchin has been published. The popular Wednesday evening rides from Old Stevenage are now weekly. Meet at Bowling Green in High Street in time for a 7.15pm start.