Tidy-up campaigner Rachel reveals two more bright ‘binstallations’ for Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A mum of two fed up of rubbish blighting Hitchin has unveiled two more colourful bins for people to place their litter into.
Passionate anti-litter and community campaigner Rachel Campbell of Wymondley Road has been busy attempting to cut down the number of waste items discarded in the town centre and beauty spots.
The ‘binstallations’ are being sponsored by Hitchin businesses and features individual designs in bright colours – including her two latest releases.
Rachel told the Comet: “The green bin shows a print of Chupa Chups lollipops made by the awesome Hitchin artist Sarah Graham, and is sponsored by Del Basso motorbikes on Bucklersbury.
“The other one, which is gold, is the gorgeous ‘Summers Study’ by artist Emmeline Webb of The Art Nest on West Alley – which is sponsoring the bin and has just launched a new exhibition featuring paintings of Hitchin places.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d also like to say a big thanks to Epic Productions who are working like crazy to get all these bins wrapped – and Veolia – who will be emptying them through the summer!”
For more about the campaign visit www.cleanuphitchin.co.uk.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed