Thumbs up for festival
A FORTNIGHT of fun and games has come to an end. The 23rd Baldock Festival, which has kept residents partying for the last two weeks with a range of events, concluded on Sunday evening with the final of Who Wants to be (not quite) a Millionaire? Many of t
A FORTNIGHT of fun and games has come to an end.
The 23rd Baldock Festival, which has kept residents partying for the last two weeks with a range of events, concluded on Sunday evening with the final of Who Wants to be (not quite) a Millionaire?
Many of the events during the festival were sold out and visitors enjoyed a range of events.
A fire station open day at the town's Weston Way fire station gave visitors the chance to look around and meet the crew. There was also a road traffic accident demonstration as well as safety advice given throughout the day.
The popular medieval street fair on Saturday included over 40 stalls run by local organisations and businesses. It also had medieval re-enactors and the Baldock Midnight Morris were on hand to celebrate their 10th anniversary with a dance.
Festival co-organiser Andrew Grudzinski was delighted with the turn-out for the events.
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Village football club premises gets facelift thanks to bank staff
- 10 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
He said: "Comments we have received from people who have attended events, whether they be Baldock residents or visitors from as far away as Peterborough and Bury St Edmunds, have all been positive.
"We hope that the festival achieved its main aim - to provide good quality entertainment for all.