Three household waste collection crews suspended
- Credit: Danny Loo
Three bin crews responsible for collecting household waste in North Hertfordshire have been suspended.
Yesterday, North Hertfordshire District Council's service director for place, Vaughan Watson, said: “On April 1, three collection crews were suspended by our waste contractor Urbaser from their work, out of a total of 20 crews which operate daily.
"General waste collection services for North Hertfordshire’s residents were unaffected, due to replacement crews being immediately deployed to cover this work.
"There has been no impact on services and they continue to operate as normal.
"We are unable to comment directly on the cause for suspension, which is being looked into by Urbaser.”
You may also want to watch:
Urbaser's seven-year joint contract with NHDC and East Herts Council got off to a rocky start in 2018. Missed bin collections and months of disruption were due to an issue with the data held, NHDC said at the time.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 3 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 4 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?