Three-month closure order placed on Hitchin property after police seize class A drugs and arrest suspected drug dealer in raid
- Credit: Archant
A three-month closure order has been placed on a Hitchin home after police seized class A drugs and arrested a suspected drug dealer in a raid last month.
Police searched the property in Desborough Road on February 19 as part of an investigation launched following complaints from neighbours about anti-social behaviour and suspected drug dealing.
A 19-year-old man from Hitchin was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A and class B drugs. He has been released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage police station on Friday.
The closure order, granted at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court, prevents anyone from entering the site for three months. Anyone who does enter can be arrested.
Community safety sergeant Stephen Burke said: “Alongside our partner agencies, we have been responding to complaints about the behaviour of the resident and visitors to the address for many months.
You may also want to watch:
“By taking this action to close the property, we hope to provide neighbours and the wider community with some respite from the on-going issues at the address.
“This is a great example of how the new ASB Crime and Policing Act has given us greater powers so that we can take action against anti-social behaviour, which can become such a misery for neighbours, and improve the quality of life for our local communities.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright