Three men have lucky escape after car hits trees
THREE men had a lucky escape after the car they were in crashed into trees and bushes and then overturned in Old Knebworth Lane late yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. The East of England Ambulance Service received several calls to Old Knebworth Lane at 4.53
THREE men, two from Kimpton and one from Langley near Hitchin, had a lucky escape after the car they were in crashed into trees and bushes and then overturned in Old Knebworth Lane late yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
The East of England Ambulance Service received several calls to Old Knebworth Lane at 4.53pm to a report of an overturned car. Two ambulance crews from Stevenage and an air ambulance attended the incident.
Gary Sanderson, ambulance service spokesman who attended the crash said: "The car had rolled over and come to rest sideways in the country lane.
"One man was lying on the roadside and sustained a significant back injury. Following assessments by paramedics the decision was taken to call upon the air ambulance to assist. The paramedics worked closely with the doctor from the aircraft and following this the man was taken to the Lister Hospital by land ambulance.
"The air ambulance was able to land right next to the crash scene in a field. The lads who were involved were very lucky indeed not to receive any major injuries."
The lane was closed to traffic for almost two hours.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening