Three charged over Letchworth assault
DETECTIVES investigating an attack on a man in Letchworth GC last week have charged three people in connection with the incident.
Jack Hogan, 20, from Ellice, Letchworth GC, Billy Driver, 21, and Faye Braybrooks, 24, both of Hunt Hill Close, Stevenage, were charged with grievous bodily harm - wounding with intent, following an incident in Howard Gardens in Norton Way South on Tuesday evening.
A man in his 40s is currently in a serious but stable condition following the assault, which occurred at around 7.20pm.
Hogan and Driver were remanded in custody and are due to appear at Hatfield Remand Court today (Monday), while Braybrooks appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Saturday and has been remanded in custody.
Four other people have been arrested in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old girl, a 21-year-old man and a 26-year-old man, all from Letchworth GC, have been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
All three have been police bailed until the beginning of December.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
A 51-year-old man, also from Letchworth GC, has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and has been police bailed until the end of November.
Anyone with information is asked to contact det insp Kay Lancaster on the non-emergency number - 0845 33 00 222 - or the Local Crime Unit in Hitchin on 01462 757544.