Three arrested after two violent incidents in Stevenage at the weekend
THREE people were arrested following two violent incidents in Stevenage over the weekend. The first happened on Friday night at 11.55 in Mobbsbury Way when a man in his 50s suffered head injuries and is in a critical condition in hospital. Police later ar
THREE people were arrested following two violent incidents in Stevenage over the weekend.
The first happened on Friday night at 11.55 in Mobbsbury Way when a man in his 50s suffered head injuries and is in a critical condition in hospital.
Police later arrested a 19-year-old man from Stevenage.
The second incident happened on Saturday night at 11.20 in the High Street in the Old Town when a man in is 40s suffered injuries and was taken to hospital. A short time later two men were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Insp Julie Wheatley said: "We understand some people may have concerns about these incidents but I would like to reassure residents that officers in Stevenage are continuously working hard to ensure people are safe and feel safe.
"Specific high visibility operations run in Stevenage at weekends to prevent drunken behaviour escalating.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
"Residents of Stevenage should feel confident that these incidents are in a minority. We have had reassurance patrols in Mobbsbury Way and investigations continue into both incidents.