Three A1(M) incidents in 10 minutes between Hatfield and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital after becoming unwell at the wheel near Letchworth, in one of at least three incidents on the A1(M) within 10 minutes.
A vehicle hit the central reservation on the northbound carriageway, just after Junction 5 for Welwyn Garden City, at about 8.34am. Police said nobody was injured.
At 8.35am, there was a crash involving a van and a car near Junction 4 for Hatfield – again on the northbound carriageway – with both vehicles blocking the outside lane. Police informed Highways, but said the vehicles were not located afterwards.
In a third incident on the northbound stretch, at about 8.43am near Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate, police said a motorist became “unwell at the wheel” and stopped in the central reservation.
Another driver stopped to help before paramedics treated the man at the scene and took him to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital for further care.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance service spokesman said the man had been unconscious at the wheel.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?