Thousands of pounds goes to help Hitchin groups
MONEY from county councillors locality budgets is helping social groups achieve their aims. Last week groups in and around Hitchin benefitted from a Herts County Council scheme, launched last summer, which gives councillors the chance to help clubs and
MONEY from county councillors' locality budgets is helping social groups achieve their aims.
Last week groups in and around Hitchin benefitted from a Herts County Council scheme, launched last summer, which gives councillors the chance to help clubs and societies in their area.
Hitchin North's Ray Shakespeare-Smith gave �500 to St John Ambulance in the town to buy uniforms for cadets, �1,000 to Hitchin Rugby Club for coaching, first aid courses and refereeing, and �1,000 to Groundworks Hertfordshire to host community mornings on the Purwell estate.
Nigel Brook, Hitchin Rural councillor has allocated �1,200 from his budget to Pirton parish council so it can buy two notice boards for the village.
To apply for a grant from your county councillor, go to www.hertsdirect.org and search 'locality budgets'.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 3 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 6 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 7 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 8 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 9 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 10 Axes and knives found during weapons raid