Thomas Alleyne School: “We’ve had another good year”
IT has been another good year for Thomas Alleyne School who have achieved an overall pass rate of 95 per cent in the A-level exams.
The Stevenage school’s success story was Alice Gannaway who scored an A* in Biology, A’s in English and General Studies as well as a B in chemistry.
Overall two thirds of Thomas Alleyne’s results were grade C or higher.
Jonathan Block, the school’s head, said: “We have had some very happy students celebrating some very good results!”
“We’ve had another good year.
You may also want to watch:
“Our average points score is up by over one grade per exam, and most of our students have achieved at least one grade better then predicted.
“Last year we took the decision to teach fewer subjects in our sixth form, but to teach them better.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“Our learners’ results this year show we did the right thing, and the AS-level results for year 12 show that there are even more successes to come.”