Thieves target buses
CALLOUS thieves have been targeting buses used to transport disabled children and handicapped adults. During the past two weeks thieves have entered the area behind Bedfordshire County Council s adult training centre in London Road, Biggleswade, at night
CALLOUS thieves have been targeting buses used to transport disabled children and handicapped adults.
During the past two weeks thieves have entered the area behind Bedfordshire County Council's adult training centre in London Road, Biggleswade, at night and stolen expensive catalectic converters on the exhaust systems from up to six buses at a time.
"These buses provide a vital service in the community for needy people so to target vehicles like this is appalling," said Insp John Maries of Biggleswade police.
A member of staff at the centre said: "These buses are part of our transport fleet to carry schoolchildren, the disabled and physically handicapped people both young and old, the elderly and those with wheelchairs to various destinations in the town and other areas.
You may also want to watch:
"The buses have been targeted more than once and it has been affecting our services. We hope they catch those responsible.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision